Teardrop Cast Iron Pizza
by: Marilyn McCray
Making personal pizzas is a production, baking one at a time over the camp fire. Slice and serve them one at a time, hot off the fire. This is a great way to serve your friends or participate in a camp cook-off or provide a demonstration of your recipe or Cast Iron cooking technique. Get creative with toppings.
Serves: 4 – 10 or 12-Inch personal pizzas, bring more dough and toppings for bigger appetites or more servings. Additional cast iron skillets will streamline cooking.
· Pizza sauce – use your favorite recipe or select a tasty prepared sauce
· Use your mom’s special pizza dough recipe, a no-knead recipe can save time (slice.seriouseats.com) or use par-baked, commercially prepared crust
· Dry Aged Mozzarella, Parmesan, Provolone, or even Cheddar or Jack cheese
· Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, Prosciutto, olives, sliced mushrooms, artichokes
Pesto, Basil, Cherry Tomatoes, or make it Southwest with Jalapeños
Prepare before leaving home
· Create the pizza sauce, pesto, cook Italian sausage or other ingredients as needed